Monday 23 April 2007

The Missing Ingredient For The Perfect Weekend?


I had a great weekend, it was a good balance of work and play.
It started with Friday night drinks with Gaydar Date No. 4, which ended up with dinner, so a good night. Saturday morning was working at the Food Cooperative that I’m a member of and is on once a month. I had my son with me Saturday night. He ended up watching the football and I got stuck into an essay which has been hanging over me for a while and I seem to have had some sort of block. Perhaps the football inspired me (yes the TV and computer are both in the living room which goes
against everything ‘they’ say about having your own study space – but it worked for me on Saturday night) because I got on a roll and it all started to flow. Sunday saw me finish it which was a good feeling.
Sunday also saw coffee in the afternoon with GD No. 2. This was actually date no. 2 with GD No. 2. Hope you're keeping up!
I had just finished off my essay (all the fiddly referencing etc.) on Sunday evening and I felt like a bit o’ lurvin’ – so texted FB on the off-chance he might be free – and he was – so it was a lovely end to a full weekend.
I’m actually having fun with the whole GD thing. So far I've met four guys and while I don’t see the love of my life in any of them, there could end up being some ongoing friendships.
On Friday night it soon became obvious that GD No 4 wasn’t ‘soulmate’ material, but when I realised that, I found myself relaxing more and actually enjoying the night. I haven’t found the whole experience of meeting new people as stressful as I thought I might. Maybe this is the latent extrovert coming out in me!!
It is interesting that all four initiated messages to me. Any messages I initiated have not come to anything thus far! Hhhmmm…wonder what that means!! (Probably nothing – but I do like to analyse absolutely everything!)
I have to say some of the stress is finding the time for it all! With parenting responsibilities, maintaining existing friendships – oh and yes….study!!! It’s hard to fit everything in.
BTW - Have you heard anything yet Monty and DUP about the Penguins and OGP respectively?
Oh yes - and the missing ingredient?
SLEEP

16 comments:

Tales of the City said...

Sleep tight. Will post a proper comment tomorrow.
Ps. Are you a dishy dad?

Single Guy said...

Sounds like you are becoming the Dating Guy! enjoy it!

Monty said...

We're all turning into the DatingGuy! ha ha! You go! 2nd date - I'm impressed! I actually caught up with Rick on Sunday and completely forgot to ask him...it's Simon's baby really so will check up and let you know.

nash said...

What? No time for headstands? Sounds like you're having fun (apart from those fiddly references at the end of a long essay - I was always rushing to finish them before deadline)

Campbell said...

cutectguy - hhmmm, a dishy dad? Interesting question. The product of my fatherhood would balk at such a notion I'm sure! I've not had anyone use that phrase to describe me before - but I'm happy to let you think me so!

Thanks Monty - he's obviously doing OK as you would have heard otherwise - that's the important thing

I have been managing to maintain handstands and other such poses Nash, still very much enjoying it. More so last night as a new Mr. Cute & Curly was present - might just have to get to know him!

Monty said...

Picking up at Yoga!!! You Rock!!!

Tales of the City said...

Campbell.. I do have a weakness for dishy daddies.. must do that post about married men.

Campbell said...

Monty - will have to wait and see if I can follow through with Mr. C&C.
Looking forward to that post cutectguy!

Campbell said...

Monty - will have to wait and see if I can follow through with Mr. C&C.
Looking forward to that post cutectguy!

Campbell said...

Monty - will have to wait and see if I can follow through with Mr. C&C.
Looking forward to that post cutectguy!

Monty said...

PS I really think I must get me a F/B too! My friend EIB says I need one and I like the idea of just ringing/texting a shag on demand! LOL

Campbell said...

An F/B has many advantages Monty - there is the ease of sex, as you get to know each other there is less effort spent in knowing what each other does and doesn't like. If you really click there is the benefit of whatever is your metaphorical post-coital smoke as well.
You do have to be careful to keep the F/B relationship in context. Sometimes you have to do a lot of head talk to do this (or I do anyway!). So try to choose someone you don't want to spend the rest of your life with!!

nash said...

I wonder if things have changed with the F/B now you're dating other guys? Have you told him? Does it make a difference to you or him? Your readers are curious!

Campbell said...

A very good point you raise Nash, and one that I have thought about. I think it requires a whole post to respond to this - so watch this space!

nash said...

I bet it does (require a whole post!), so yes, I will be watching...

As for your most recent post - the use of the word "gay", I started responding, but that's a whole post too.

Muzbot said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Am finding the dating thing to be so hit and miss... more "miss" than "hit".