Monday 5 March 2007

A Spectacular Weekend


I had a great weekend - nothing particularly life changing but very life sustaining. It started on Friday night when a previous work colleague who had moved interstate was back in town for a few days. So someone organised a dinner with about a dozen of us. It was a great night of food, wine and conversation. The conversation ranged from everything from politics to movie reviews to gossip to gutter humour to environmental issues - the whole gamit. It was so good that I didn't get home until 1.30am. I then had to be up and out by 8.00am to go to my son's cricket match. I have to admit that cricket is not my favourite game, but I manage to engage with it if D is in it or I'm watching it with him. During this game we were witness to a spectacular lightning display. We could see it moving from east to west and closer to the ground, so close that it was decided to stop the game for safety reasons until it passed us by.
Saturday night was going to be a night to catch up on the lost sleep of Friday night, but I then got a text from FB (see previous post) asking if I wanted to catch up that night. Now I know that this will be no more than an FB relationship (although it doesn't fit all the rules set out by Not So Single Guy) and for the moment I can live with that. Anyway it was a fantastic reunion (not having seen him for a while). He headed off home around 2.30am. I then had to be up and out the door again by 8.00am to help a friend out with a stall she was having at a market. That was a lovely, slow and gentle day conversing with interesting and friendly people.
Despite so little sleep, I'm surprised how well I managed to get through the day at work today. I finished the day with my yoga again. I'm managing to focus inwards more during the class, feeling less self-conscious with what my body is doing.
So it was a weekend of relating at all levels, in ways that fed me physically, emotionally and spiritually. Isn't that what life's about?

4 comments:

Monty said...

So you got a shag! Wahoooo! Though, not a sleep over...is that part of the FB rules? I shall have to check out the rules on his blog! ;-) Glad you had a good weekend mate!

Anonymous said...

Life is sounding good for you right now! Hope it is and you are enjoying it...

Cheers,Paul

Single Guy said...

total satisfaction! WOW...That's great...I'm satisfied physically and emotionally...now need to work on the spiritual!

Campbell said...

Monty, while I think there may be some general FB rules, I reckon you've got to make some that suit the two of you.
Thanks Paul, life is pretty good at present - I'm thinking of you at the moment going through what you are.
NSSG, the physical and emotional feed the spirit, so I reckon you're inadvertantly working on the spiritual.