Thursday 8 February 2007

Am I made for blogging?

Despite starting with good intentions - they have not come to fruition. I'm not sure that I'm made for blogging. I don't know how people make the time for it - I guess if it was a priority I would make the time. I seem to spend my time reading others' blogs, not to mention all the 'normal' activities of life like working and eating and breathing. I start back at Uni at the end of the month. I feel that I spent too much time on the computer doing non-study stuff last semester and it showed in my results, so I don't want that to happen again.
I also know how frustrating it is when I'm reading a blog regularly and there hasn't been a post for a while. I feel like I'm missing out on someone's life and find myself really hoping for an update. Maybe that's more a reflection of what's lacking in my own life!
Also I think too much about what to write, whereas if I wrote without thinking it wouldn't take as much time. It might also be more interesting as it may be more raw and dynamic, less ordered and formal. But that is me to a certain degree, although less so as I get older.
Anyway I'll give it another go, so please bear with me.

3 comments:

Monty said...

Please continue blogging Campbell...having only come out at a relatively late age, I'm intrigued to know your story. :-)

Muzbot said...

Keep on blogging Campbell. You never have to write an essay and sometimes a short thought can be more interesting to someone rather than reading too many details. I like what you've written so far.

Campbell said...

Thanks for your encouragement Monty and Muzbot. You're right Muzbot about not needing to write an essay - too many words on a blog can be offputting.
See you both around in cyberspace!