Friday 17 November 2006

The beginning.

Being new to blogging and the whole fullness of the internet thing, these posts may well be boring too begin with. If so, please forgive me and hang in there, they can only get better!!
Having just started this, I go on holiday to Hong Kong next week, so there won't be much blogging for a while. I'm actually going with my mother and my son. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm glad it's only for a week, being the sandwich in the generations. Hong Kong was somewhere Mum wanted to go, but doesn't feel confident about travelling on her own anymore. Dad doesn't want to leave the country again being more of a home body. I thought I could manage Hong Kong, both financially and time wise.
I haven't been overseas for many years, so I'm looking forward to going anywhere! I think I'm pretty organised. Just need to pack and be on our way. I'll let you know how it went when I return. Perhaps even post a few pictures - now that could be a challenge!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!!

Anonymous said...

and share some photo when you get back :D

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Well done on the blog....I am sure you will find lots of interesting things to blog about

Was in Hong Kong earlier this year and you will really like it. The weather was humid when I was there, not sure what its like at the moment.
Make sure you catch the night show on the Harbour, the buildings are all lit up and flash on and off to music.....really very spectacular
Not sure how old your son is, but Hong Kong Disneyland is a day trip that will be a good time for him......its no where near as big as LA Disneyland, but a good start.
Dont get too excited by the shopping, its no where near as cheap as it used to be, but some electronic bargains can be found......and make sure you do all the markets, particularly the night time ones...........great
have fun
Dave

Campbell said...

Thanks Dave, I'll look out for these things and I reckon we will have fun. I'll let you know.

Monty said...

HI Campbell, thanks for your message on my blog...one question - how did you find it?

I look forward to seeing more of your blogs and exchanging coming out stories.

Hope you have a lovely time in Honkers!

Monty! x