Wednesday 3 September 2008

Skipping


I love seeing children skip (not with a rope). I actually like seeing anyone skip, however I can't remember the last time I saw an adult skip, which is fair enough, I always try and skip unseen!
To me, the act of skipping is the epitome of lightheartedness. It's a reminder to me not to take life too seriously.
Today I witnessed a pre-schooler having a temper tantrum in the street. Her mother kept on walking. The little girl then started after her. She broke into skipping. I found this an interesting juxtaposition, one that I wouldn't have thought could co-exist - skipping whilst crying!
Maybe it's possible to not take life seriously in a serious manner!

2 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
I can’t remember the last time I saw an adult skip. If we were to witness a grown-up skipping merrily down the sidewalk, he or she would no doubt be considered a bit daft or on something. It’s a shame, because like you pointed out, skipping is an excellent way to express one’s emotional well-being. Or it could indicate ants in the pants.

With spring having sprung, are you considering skipping to celebrate the new season?? GO FOR IT!!

nash said...

Hi Campbell n Litzi, I'm a bit of a closet skipper myself (well I was until now). Your timing is perfect Campbell, I saw a young boy skipping along the street today and enjoyed his joy!

Spring has sprung and I'll be celebrating