Saturday 5 May 2007

What's Your Tipple?


So how do you start your day - and I'm not referring to THAT! Are you a tea in the morning person or a must have my coffee to start the day being? Much as I love a good coffee, if I'm having one before 10am., it's an indication that the day is not going well. I start my day with Green Tea. Green Tea has the benefit of having more caffeine that normal tea, but less than coffee. After being offered a green tea and ginger t bag one day, I thought I can create this, so I started grating fresh ginger in with my green tea in the morning. I recently was offered a green tea with ginger and lemon t bag and again I thought, I can do this. I initially tried squeezing some lemon juice into my tea in the morning. I found this too strong, so I have now started harvesting (with permission of course) my neighbours lemongrass in the morning to add to the pot. So I now have a pot of Green Tea with freshly grated ginger and freshly harvested lemongrass to start my day. Not only does it taste fantastic, the very thought of it makes me healthier!

12 comments:

Tales of the City said...

Wow - you have time to grate Ginger and lemongrass? Come live with me.. I would love a cuppa. I have a glass of water, the blood orange juice and a banana smoothie (Innocent pre-made)... so 3 tipples.

Monty said...

Campbell, sounds lovely and healthy and all that...but give me my short black first thing! My favourite appliance at home is my espresso maker! That single shot of pure, intense, smokey, lip-smackingly good caffeine at 8am is just the perfect start to the day!

Dan said...

On my early days, it goes like this:

1. cigarette at train station
2. bottle of water on train with biscuits or cake of some kind
3. coffee at uni: soy cap with hazelnut shot

Apart from the cigarette, cake and coffee, its a pretty healthy start, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Cereal and tea, then coffee (quickly) at work.

However, being on a night shift, today was steak sandwich and potato cakes with lemon iced tea....my gut will hate me!

Campbell said...

Cutectguy, would love to make you a cuppa. Maybe as a wedding present I could bring you and LTB a cuppa in bed the morning after your nuptuals. Do you think LTB would mind?
Monty, I know you're not alone in needing that first shot of espresso.
Dan, yes water is a very healthy way to start the day.
Paul, I hope you gut didn't hate you too much.

Volacious said...

Yes... I must agree.. coffee is the only way to start a morning!!!

Double-strength flat white anyday :-) Oh, and a Berocca!

Single Guy said...

Green tea also makes you loose weight!

Guy In London said...

Campbell, your experimentation with teas is inspriring. For me it's Earl Grey to start the day then coffee (Skinny Latte). I have a Gaggia Espresso machine which I couldn't live without.

GIL

FletcherBeaver said...

Cigarettes and expresso and cereal. By 10am I've 3 or 4 coffees.

Muzbot said...

Coffee is reserved for weekend mornings at breakfast for me. I'm usually a tea drinker during the week.
Your morning teas sound great. I think I need to experiment a little with my morning drinking habits.

nash said...

Hmmm, wonder what happened to my previous comment, which was something like: I occasionally drink Lemon n Ginger tea (so I'm very impressed that you concoct your own). As for coffee, I really can't remember the last time I drank it. I've had maybe one cup this century!

Campbell said...

NSSG: Didn't know about the losing weight aspect. That might explain something for me! Would be interested inknowing more.
Nash - sorry your comment vanished into the ether, thanks for repeating.