Tuesday 22 May 2007

Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave...


I’m a simple man who just wants a simple life. So why is this happening to me??!?!!
Update on MrC&C.
We had dinner last night after yoga. A very pleasant chat, easy
communication….but no particular spark….nothing that says to me this is
going to be something long term….but an enjoyable, relaxed evening.

We finish up around 10pm and I’m home 20-30 mins
later. At about 10.38 (remember I can be anal!) I receive a text from FB
‘Hi Hows it going?’ Now he would never normally initiate anything so
late, so I put 2 & 2 together – thinking I’ve got 4. I assume he and MrC&C have been talking since we left each other and he knows where I’ve
been. So I text back with the supposedly quizzical ‘How did you know I
would still be up?’ ‘Lucky guess’ is his response! Having not felt it
was appropriate to ask MrC&C how he knows FB, I decided to ask FB, who responds ‘Out and about’, which is what I had guessed anyway.
This morning (hope you are keeping up) I receive a text around 7.30 from MrC&C.
‘Is it convenient for you to give me a quick ring? I need to talk with
you’. Being the compliant lad that I am, I do so. MrC&C wanted to talk to me about FB whom he tells me he’s ‘having some fun with’, but he is finding it a little tiresome as he describes FB as quite jealous of him in general, but particularly with me! When MrC&C got back to the car last night there were six messages from FB! He decided to ring him and only felt like telling him he had dinner with a friend, rather than stating it was me. He doesn’t want to be dictated by FB as to who he is able to speak with. Fair enough.
So this is where my maths didn’t quite add up! FB didn’t actually know we had been together, but I affirmed it! (I do hope you’re still with me)
So I thought I had better mention this to MrC&C. I think from what MrC&C has said, FB has not gone into detail about our relationship, but if he has half a brain he will have guessed.
My initial thoughts were that FB has lost the plot.....but then I think, well I know FB better than I know MrC&C (which I will admit, isn't saying much!) There's part of me that's wondering if MrC&C is being above board in all of this, a few things not quite adding up that he has said.
All of this is doing damage to my cerebral organ, so I think I need to stop
analysing it and just be circumspect in my dealings with both of these
gentlemen.

I've never really seen myself as Soap Opera material before.

14 comments:

altraeis said...

Oh don't you just love the way people work, or dont work, together! I think the more one thinks about a problem, the worse it becomes. I always say go with your gut instinct. In this case, you first talked about MrC&C in saying that there was no spark. Take your first impression and leave it there.....Hugs

Tales of the City said...

Campbell - have you seen that B movie.. called "The attack of the Queens".. well run for the hills and leave these game playing boys to their little games. I am guessing that Mr C & C probably let it slip to FB, who then phoned in a pique of jealousy.. or to emphasise that you went home on your own.. The Mr C & C probably realised his faux pas (or was reminded of it my FB.. hope you are keeping up) and decided to speak to you about it. Either way, I think these guys are a little into their games. Avoid like the plague. They remind me of Mr X.. trust me.. its not a good space to be in.. you'll get sucked in. Hugs.

nash said...

Oh Campbell, what a strange twist. Can you confirm the six messages from FB or is this just something Mr C&C told you? I'm just curious and trying to put some pieces together from a distance. Hmmm. I think you're very wise to be circumspect with both these characters. Let them fall into their own hole...

Anonymous said...

OMG! What an adventure. Uncomfortable now, but great dinner conversations for the future...well, great for the audience at least.

Campbell, it might be time to listen to your son and think less.

If you are enjoying it (eg. the romance, the flirting, the play, the suspense) then go for the fun.

If you are uncomfortable, lost in a mind spin, feeling used or abused... I suggest you pack you bags.

Just my humble opinion. Keep it light...

Monty said...

OK, let me get this straight - F/B is umm, playing with both you and MrC&C? And you were keen on MrC&C however by the sounds of things, you're not wanting anything more with MrC&C now (ie no sparks)? If so, I would agree with all of the above...ha ha! If it's spinning you out, take a breather from them both. This is supposed to be FUN not head spinning! x

nash said...

Monty's so cute when he's straight (or otherwise)

Unknown said...

Dude what are you doing. Leave them two alone! You sound pretty switched on, so move on, these two are just playing games. They are more childish than your own son!

Muzbot said...

"Like sans through the hour glass..."

Keep us posted on what happens next. :)

Campbell said...

Yes, guys - methinks I might watch this drama from afar.

Nash: not sure who's saying what and what's 'truth' from either of them at the moment.

Cutectguy, maybe someone could make a film of this and incorporate a family in a brothel into it as well!

I would rather my head spin for different reasons, so will focus elsewhere now.

Don't worry though, I'll keep you updated if I am made privy to anymore of the script.

T said...

Gee Campbell - I just reckon if you have realised neither are the love of your life - then arrange a threesome and have some fun... but only if that won't mess with your head.

But if you are truly uncomfortable - Walk Away Rene !!!

nash said...

You say at the start of the post that you just want a simple life - going through this unwanted nonsense will stand you in good stead so you can indeed live that simple life (at least in terms of finding Mr Right)

btw, I heard the song "Walk Away Rene" in the supermarket yesterday, so I'm going with what TC of BB suggested...

Litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
“I’ve never really seen myself as Soap Opera material before”…well mate, it certainly sounds like you’ve landed yourself right smack dab in the middle of one! Yikes! Your post truly reads like a daytime serial drama and I can’t wait for your next installment. I only hope you don’t come away from all of this jaded and badly bruised for life.

Stay tuned for tomorrow’s exciting developments….

Campbell said...

TC of BB - I have to admit the threesome did pass through my mind - but I think these two guys would make it too complicated to be fun.

Thanks Nash - I hope you're right.

Miss L. I hope tomorrows developments are exciting, in a less complex way.

Litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
So do I, for your sake....