Saturday 8 March 2008

Love Actually



The movie Love Actually was on TV last night.
This post was originally going to be a post about longer hair on men (more of that later), with Love Actually as a tenuous conduit. I got thinking more about the movie however, and decided that I really liked it. Yes it was Hollywood (or whatever the English version is) and had all the negative aspects those blockbuster films have, but it had enough of real life for it to be a more substantial film. For those who don't know the film it is about eight different stories of love between individuals that loosely connect with each other. Not all the stories were about romantic love between a man and a woman. There was an ageing rockstar's love for his long suffering agent, the step father's love for his stepson, the love of a sister for her intellectually disabled brother, as well as the love a young boy had for the apparently unattainable girl at school. The main thing I liked was that not all the stories had a happy ending. One left you with the feeling of potential for a happy ending, but only if much hard work is embarked upon and one ended abruptly leaving a space of emptiness. This is where it connected more closely with the stuff of life.
Now I'm known as a romantic, so that side of the movie appealed to me, but it was also a very funny film, with a great cameo by Rowan Atkinson.
Oh and the hair thing? Well I was quite taken by the actor Rodrigo Santoro (pictured above left). His hair is screeching out for my hands to run through it. There are not many men who can wear longer hair well, but for those that can, it is mighty appealing! The pic on the right (which was supposed to be at the end of the entry) has nothing to do with Love Actually, but another example of the hair thing (in more ways than one!).
Note to self: learn how to put pictures in different places in an entry!

4 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
“Love Actually” sounds like an interesting flick. I’m always intrigued by plots that tie several people together in unsuspecting ways. The notion of not having everyone “happily ride off into the sunset” would make the characters more realistic. Life isn’t perfect and to depict it otherwise is hypocritical. Perhaps Hollywood (or whatever) should do a sequel and follow through with the stories that were left hanging.

As long as a man’s hair is clean and well styled, the length really isn’t a factor. What is a turnoff to me is when it’s dirty and unkempt. I think this is atavistic to the “hippie” or Woodstock generation on my part. One thing I can’t stand is long hair trailing out from underneath a football helmet; for some reason I find this quite disturbing.

The man with the hairy chest took me aback. I’ve been noticing recently that a lot of celebrities (men) are getting rid of all their body hair. They must go through a lot of razors and/or depilatories to maintain that “baby butt” sleekness. And I imagine it itches like crazy when the hair starts growing back. The photo you posted looks like a normal, healthy male! HOT.

This is a wonderful post!

Victor said...

Both sexy looking men. I also am attracted to buzz haircuts, I love that bristly feel on a man's head.

Monty said...

Love the hairy chested dude!!! Yummmo!

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Love your taste in men Campbell...I still havnt seen the movie but I'll check it out..I love Rowan... i remember the 70's when all boys had long hair wether it suited them or not & teachers spent their time trying to force them to cut it...but like Litzi said its gotta be clean...I dont like the look when men shave it all off...

the pic thing..I just click and drag but it depends on how you upload them