Friday 12 October 2007

Sport, Sport, Sport.


We're just past mid-way of son's tennis season. The benefit of Friday night tennis is that we don't have to choose between tennis and cricket for that couple of months when they overlap. Cricket starts tomorrow. What joy! What bliss! Can you taste the sarcasm?! Tennis I can actually quite enjoy, cricket is more of a struggle.
Tonight, at tennis, a couple of sisters joined us after being overseas for a couple of months. I hadn't met them before. I placed them together in the girls doubles. They asked me not to do that again as they don't play well together because they fight all the time. The classic line of the night: One said to me, "She annoys me and she thinks I annoy her!" The joy of teenage girls!

6 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
LOL! Perhaps the two teenage girls you’re coping with will manifest into another Serena and Vanessa Williams….a pair of prima donnas waiting to emerge. The joys of parenthood!!

Between school, tennis and cricket your son won’t have much leisure time to get into trouble…..hopefully!

Campbell said...

Maybe that will be my claim to fame Miss L., to have managed these sisters in their unknown youth.

Yes, the aim is to tire the lad out so much that he manages to keep off the streets. It sounds like a good theory, we'll see about the practice.

nash said...

I'm with you regarding cricket - BORING...

T said...

we are about to endure 7 weeks of softball, waterpolo and tennis ! at least it is a variety of sports I suppose :)

Tales of the City said...

Surely your upcoming election counts as sport?

Campbell said...

Nash - We'd better choose a pub that doesn't have the cricket playing on the TV!
Tomcat - They say variety is the spice of life!
Cuteguy - Yes, the election campaign could be seen as sport. It may not be as boring as cricket, but it will be just as frustrating.