Thursday 21 June 2007

Tagged, yet again!


I’ve been tagged again! This will make 16 things you’ve discovered about me in 5 weeks, so they’re bound to be more trivial and boring! This pyramid is slowly building.

1. I was born in Princess Elizabeth Hospital in the country where the Princess became a Queen.

2.
I have one brother who is 5 years older than me. We are very different and not particularly close. The main thing we have in common is around parenting. We have the same parents and we became parents around the same time.

3. My favourite dogs are Great Danes. I feel in love with them when my family visited some friends in Yeppoon
(mid Queensland coast) who had two Great Danes (mother and son) and a cattle dog. They used to walk them along the beach, the cattle dog would tear up and down the beach while the Danes would lob along like
the day would never end. Maybe they reflect my energy levels. Of course Great Danes are not very good for living in a flat, so I’ll have to wait until I live in a more appropriate dwelling.

4. I have a sweet tooth. I don't like sweets as in lollies, but I love cakes and puddings and of course, chocolate, particularly dark chocolate.

5. Shiraz is my favourite drop of grape juice.

6. I love open fires and could stare into one all night.

7. As a child I played hockey and actually enjoyed it. As an adult I have not played any sport.

8. I'd love to learn the cello one day. I think it is a beautiful instrument with more depth than the violin.

Whilst I'm not going to build other people's pyramids, I did enjoy doing this again. Thanks Paul.

13 comments:

nash said...

Another tag! I love Great Danes and dark chocolate too Campbell

Litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
You deserve a lot of kudos for being so gracious about being tagged twice in 5 weeks and for divulging eight more interesting factoids about yourself. If this keeps up, you might have enough material on the internet for an autobiography….

I’m with you on the sweets, though I very seldom indulge my cravings. I played field hockey as a child and despised it…too many banged up shins and knees and too much running around. Hopefully someday you’ll have a larger place to live, so you can get your Great Dane and not have to worry about someone ripping off your potted plants.

Congratulations on surviving another tag!

T said...

yes a 5 year gap between brothers, the same as I have with my big bro, makes it hard to have had many shared life experiences. 9 : 14, 13 : 18, 16 : 21 - quite different times in our lives.

Muzbot said...

I too could stare into an open fire all night, and if I had good company and a few glasses of that drop of grape juice you mentioned I'm sure it would be one top night. :)

Campbell said...

Hey Nash, Maybe when you move back to Melbourne we could offer to walk someone's Great Dane and have some dark chocolate together.

Miss L., Yes, my aim is one day to live in a house rather than a flat, with my own garden and room for a Great Dane.

Tomcat, I used to think it was the age difference that meant I wasn't close to my brother, but I think it is more about us as individuals.

Yes, Muzbot - an open fire is improved by good company and some particular grape juice. Welcome back btw.

nash said...

Campbell I've just been offered a house and dog-sitting package in East Brunswick! The dog's not a Great Dane and I'm not sure if there'll be any dark chocolate in the fridge, but that can be easily fixed...

Campbell said...

Hey Nasg, We'll be neighbours as I'm in West Brunswick! When are you moving back?

Campbell said...

Nash, That last message was for you. Nasg is from Vladivostok and ain't moving back for years!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! I'm most likely moving back in August, but I've decided not to take the house n dog package in East Brunswick (I got a better offer!). Then again I might stay here in Vladivostok!

Monty said...

I am with you and Muz in relation to the fires and shiraz!!! Hmmm, may have to chat to Muz and see what I can arrange! Oh, and are you Kenyan??? how cool!!!

Campbell said...

So Nash, where is your better offer? - still around this part of town I hope! I have a feeling I won't ever meet Nasg!

Monty, yes, the only thing that can top off a good fire and a good bottle of shiraz is good company. I'm so pleased you got the Kenyan thing - nobody else has commented on that. I'm not really Kenyan anymore having been here for going on for 40 years. My parents just happened to be there in that post colonial phase, so it's not really in my blood, although wouldn't mind going back one day.

nash said...

I'll tell all about my move when it actually happens (just in case it doesn't)

btw, you Kenyans are always so cryptic!

Brechi said...

Great Danes :) They look so friendly :)