Thursday 6 December 2007

Direction?


I’m interested in where my blogging is going at the moment. I have been far from prolific (to state the obvious!). I’m not entirely sure why that is. Life is going along really well at present in terms of family, matters of the heart, work directions etc. I feel that my blog has become a bit of a ‘what I’ve been doing diary’, which I tend to think must be quite a boring read. I haven’t been doing as much of the ‘thought/feeling exploration’ as I have in the past. I’m interested in why this is. Maybe it’s to do with the feelings and thoughts I’ve been exploring lately and not wanting to put them ‘out there’. Maybe I’ve become too insular to explore wider things or to engage with day to day experiences in a way that links them with the bigger picture of life. Maybe I’m trying too hard. Maybe my blogging is just coming to a natural conclusion.
So many maybes! Perhaps I ought to not worry about it and let whatever happen happen (take a chill pill, to quote son!).

To carry on with the diary aspect of this site for anyone who may be interested, so tennis grand final is tomorrow night. Yes we are playing the same team that we had the altercation with a couple of weeks ago, so it should be an interesting experience. Choosing the final team turned out to be not too bad an experience, with only one girl quite upset – and her father. Whatever decision I was going to make someone wasn’t going to be pleased for various reasons. I am proud of son, who was one of those not playing, in the way he took that news. Anyway I have to say I’m pleased it will be the end of the season after Friday night and I can have a break from it for a while. That will leave only cricket to focus on during the weekend!

5 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
Ha! We’re on the same wavelength in respect to blogging; what direction or path to follow. Maybe because your life is going along really well terms of family, matters of the heart and work, you’re feeling secure and aren’t questioning your actions and decisions as much you were previously.

You’ve no doubt seen Blog Sites that read like “My Diary”; a constant recital of what the person has been doing day in and day out. If you become entwined in one of these ongoing “soap operas” it can be interesting for awhile, although one thing I’ve noticed is that these are usually the Bloggers who don’t do a lot of reciprocal commenting on other people’s blogs. Perhaps they’re too preoccupied in “tooting their own horns”.

I’ve lost my enthusiasm for posting blogs. It’s extremely discouraging to have numerous posts and NO or few comments; eventually it becomes obvious that others aren’t interested or are too busy with their own lives to throw out a few words of encouragement. When blogging becomes a pain in the arse, it’s time to take a respite. I like your son’s advice “take a chill pill”…maybe I’ll give it a try!

I’m glad the elimination of tennis players to arrive at the final team went relatively smoothly. Good Luck in the grand finale! Crickey! Now it’s cricket for you, old chap!!!

Monty said...

Campbell, firstly, good luck with the Grand Final...I'll be cheering your team on from Sydney!!! :-)

Secondly, in relation to your blogging thing...I felt that way a few weeks ago, not long after I returned from O/S...wondered why am I blogging? Is there any point to it? etc as I felt that most of my "issues" had been resolved etc...my "coming out" story had more or less been finalised and now it seemed to be more a diary than anything else. But now, having met so many bloggers, I find it a way of keeping in contact with them, of letting them know what I'm up to, but also I have found that it still does play a part in providing me with an outlet - a bit of electronic therapy occasionally. I, for one, enjoy reading your (somewhat infrequent) updates, even when it's just about the tennis, or your son etc. Hope to keep reading it! :-) x

PS Yes, you detected correctly that I've removed comment moderation...I felt like I'm now at the stage where I'm ready to just let whoever say whatever on my blog without my prior permission. I suppose it's a result of feeling more comfortable with blogging, feeling more comfortable in my identity as a gay man and being more settled in my life.

Campbell said...

Thanks Miss L. and Monty.
Unfortunately we lost the final. Yet another runner's up flag adorns son's room!
As they say....there's always next year!

Litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
I think the team should be VERY proud that they made it to the finals. And like you said, "there's always next year".

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

My desire to blog has ebbed and flowed ... but I like that it keeps me in touch, especially with people not in my 'real' life or even my home country for that matter... its also the people with simialar veiws/interests, ie Iraq, US,Great Danes, human rights etc that help me feel linked to the bigger picture at times ..

On days I dont have the urge to write...I usually throw in a quote..lol..

I'm liking the things you write..I left several comments, but now that I realise you have comment moderation, I'm not sure I filled out the little box thingy...