Tuesday 2 December 2008

Twas The Month Before Christmas


There are two things I like about Christmas - the food and the music. I do also like Christmas when there are young kids around, but mine is beyond that now. Whilst I like Christmas music, I only like it the two weeks prior to Christmas, not the two months prior! I can handle it in shopping centres and supermarkets because I can be in and out of them fairly quickly. I am back at the Nursing Home this week after a couple of weeks off for my placement and they have the Chrissie decs up and have carols going! So I'm going to have to put up with that for the next three weeks!
I've put myself down to do a nightshift on Christmas night. It will be very good money (relatively speaking!) which is what will see me through the night, that and me humming The Little Drummer Boy!

4 comments:

litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
It’s rather difficult to fathom Christmas in the midst of summer, but with the music and the food of the Season, I assume the aura is similar.

While you’re working the nightshift at the nursing home, keep in mind that you’ll only be staying there for a few hours and will be able to return to your family, friends and colleagues. The inhabitants whom you’re tending to will have to remain in the same environment, which isn’t a particularly a Joyeuz Noël situation.

Have you put your Christmas decorations up at home??

Campbell said...

Having not experienced a Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere in living memory AN., I'm not sure how similar the aura would be. It can be strange eating a traditional Christmas dinner in 35 Celsius heat!

Indeed, working a nightshift on Christmas night is nothing compared to some people's experience of Christmas, and as you say, I can at least go home, rather than remain in an institution I must call home.

Christmas decorations won't go up here for another week or so.
Hope you have a good lead up to Christmas in the north AN.

Volacious said...

I don't know whether it's my sick mind or a combination of that and a few scotches, but I swear when I first read that last line of your post I saw
that and me humping The Little Drummer Boy!

Campbell said...

...hhhmmm....Gus, haven't you had any for a while?!