Saturday 21 June 2008

Life Is A Balance


Life is very full at the moment. It’s all good stuff, but I do need to make sure that I am able to give attention to the important things in life. I’ll be doing two regular shifts at the nursing home, with other shifts available at times if I want them. I have my ‘regular’ job, which is two and a half days a week. I’m on semester break at present, but will be back at Uni in about 3 weeks. I’m only doing one subject this semester, so will be able to cover all that in one day. I want to make sure that I am not so distracted as not to be aware of how things are going for son and to be able to ‘hang out’ with him. I also want to ensure that I have time and attention to give to my relationship (don’t tell him I described it thus!), which is many months strong now and going in a direction I like and want to maintain.
So as I said, it’s all good stuff, but does take some balancing.

2 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
Whoa! It sounds like you’re “burning the candle at both ends” with the hectic schedule you’ve established for yourself. I’ve discovered that I get more accomplished if I’m exceedingly busy as opposed to not having many irons in the fire. When there are a myriad of things to do and deadlines to meet, you have to set priorities and carefully schedule your time for each activity, instead of drifting through the day haphazardly.

You seem to have your life well organized (albeit it busy) as well as having set realistic boundaries for what truly matters in the grand scheme of things.. It’s wonderful to learn that you’re involved in a meaningful relationship! Mums the word about your verbiage….ssshhh!

I’m astounded you found time to post!

Monty said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it!!! Glad that things are working out well for you mate!