Friday 27 June 2008

Communication


I’m finding the communication with my colleagues at the Nursing Home a tad frustrating!

A couple of scenarios:

“Pass me that please” she said, her hands busy attending to a resident and her head down.
“That?’ I reply
“Yes that.”
“The blanket? The towel? The pillow?”
“The towel”
“Sure I can pass you the towel”




“I’ll grab this one and you grab that one”, she said, taking hold of the one and only pillow in sight.
‘That one would be…?”
“His head”
“Oh….ok!”

I don’t think I’m expecting a particularly high level of communication….but maybe I am.

2 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
LOL! That happens when people are highly focused on their work and momentarily forget that others don’t have the ability to interpret their thoughts. Perhaps you’ve done the same thing and weren’t aware of it…

Other than attempting to second-guess your coworkers, are you enjoying the job at the Nursing Home? You deserve kudos for working there; a lot of people couldn’t handle the depressive nature of such a place.

Anonymous said...

So smiling Campbell, don't stress I think she's temping at my workplace at the moment...