Saturday 12 April 2008

Chocolate and Zucchini


The other night I had some zucchini I wanted to use, so came across a zucchini and chocolate cake recipe. I've since discovered chocolate and zucchini is a big industry - there's even a blog!!
I took it to work yesterday. No-one could taste the 'secret' ingredient. I guess zucchini doesn't have much of a taste. The texture was different though.
Son said he didn't like it - but I think that was just on principle!
A good way to increase your veggie intake!!

2 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi Campbell,
In another life, I use to make zucchini bread/loaf and if my memory is correct, it was quite moist and tasty. I don’t remember the texture being any different from other loaves. If incorporating zucchini with chocolate into cake batter is the only way to lure some people to eat their veggies, go for it!

I also use to enjoy prune bread, although I’m not fond of prunes au natural.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Ive had chocolate and beetroot cakes and it was one of the moistest cakes ever...Im thinking Zuccini would give the same texture...sounds yum to me